Welcome to Liv for Cake! I’m Olivia, a video gamer/project manager/instructor turned baker/blogger/photographer from Vancouver, BC.
I originally started this blog in 2010 when I started taking cake decorating classes. The blog (and I) went on hiatus from the baking world for a few years but now we are back! My passion for baking has been revitalized and I recently completed a 4 month pastry program at the Northwest Culinary Academy of Vancouver. If you’re interested in learning about my time there, you can check out The Pastry Diaries, a weekly series I did chronicling my journey through school.
Aside from baking, I love to travel.
And I love Disneyland.
Really I love almost anything Disney.
I live in a suburb of Vancouver, BC with my incredibly supportive husband, Ryan, who is often the brain child behind the ideas for my baking creations.
If that wasn’t enough for you, here’s 25 random facts:
- I was born in Poland, grew up in Edmonton, AB, and have lived in Vancouver, BC for the last 20 years.
- I hate olives. This is wrong, according to my husband, because they are apparently my namesake.
- I spent 6 weeks travelling around SE Asia on my own a few years ago.
- I don’t want to have kids, but love my nieces and nephew. I wish they didn’t live so far away.
- Someday I want to have a rescue dog(s).
- I used to play video games, a lot. Especially MMO’s like Everquest. One of my first jobs was as a game tester at Electronic Arts.
- My husband and I lived in Paris for 3 months. It was amazing.
- I never liked school and swore I’d never go back, and then I went to Pastry school anyhow.
- I’m a germophobe.
- I’ve never had a cavity.
- I used to weigh over 200lbs (back in the video game days). My weight is still a constant battle. All the baking sure doesn’t help that!
- I’m an introvert and don’t like to be the center of attention. I often shut down in large groups.
- I am a closet Real Housewives of Beverly Hills fan. I’m totally hooked.
- I love animals and can’t stand to see them neglected or abused. I sometimes watch animal rescue videos and cry my eyes out. I went through 10 tissues watching the Fiona dog rescue video. Google it… or better yet, don’t!
- I’m a crier and I hate it. I cry at the drop of a hat. If someone’s crying, I probably am too.
- I rarely ever wear heels of any kind.
- I hate working out, but force myself to do it (sometimes). See #11.
- I snooze for at least 30mins in the mornings.
- I love the rain.
- I also love hot weather, but only if there’s water nearby.
- I have a lot of mugs (according to my husband) and like to collect them from the various places we visit.
- I love Harry Potter.
- I’m almost always cold.
- I love going out to eat.
- I LOVE the 80’s. The music, the movies the TV shows. Sometimes I wish I was born 10 years earlier so I could have been a teenager in that decade.
This blog will feature weekly posts about my recent baking adventures and my attempts at new and delicious goodies. If you’d like to get in touch, you can contact me via email or follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest!