These Funfetti Cookie Cups are perfect for any celebration! Birthday cake flavored cookie cups with a whipped cream cheese filling.
Can you believe we’re into the last week of August? Crazy!! I, for one, am extremely excited. My favorite season is on the horizon, and I literally cannot WAIT. I’ve started sneaking in some Fall-ish recipes already, and am about to go into full-on Fall mode once we hit September. But today I’m bringing you something that you can enjoy all year round — Funfetti Cookie Cups!
I’m excited to be collaborating with some fabulous bloggers for this post today as a virtual baby shower for Sally McKenney from Sally’s Baking Addiction. Sally and her husband are expecting their first baby, so we wanted to throw them a sprinkle-themed “party”.
If you’ve been following Sally’s blog at all (and really, you should be, her stuff is AMAZING) you know that she loves funfetti almost as much as she loves peanut butter, so what better way to celebrate this new addition to their lives than with copious amounts of funfetti and sprinkles.
To make these Funfetti Cookie Cups, I modified my sugar cookie cup recipe and added some cake mix into the batter. This is optional — you could just replace the cake mix with more flour — but I love the additional birthday cake flavour it gives these cookie cups.
The slightly tangy whipped cheesecake-like filling goes perfectly with the super-sweet cookie cups.
Be sure to check out all of the other Funfetti themed recipes below!
Tips for these Funfetti Cookie Cups:
- You can replace the cake mix with more flour if you prefer.
- The sprinkles may bleed a bit when mixed into the filling, so work quickly!
- Ensure your heavy cream is cold (ideally the mixer bowl too) as this will make the cream whip up better.
- The cookies will soften a bit the longer they sit with the filling.
- These freeze very well! Store in fridge for up to 5 days or in freezer (in an airtight container) for 1-2 months.
- Best served cold, out of the fridge.
- If you like these, check out some of my other other cookie cup recipes!
Funfetti Cookie Cups
Funfetti Cookie Cups:
Funfetti Cookie Cups:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a regular sized cupcake tin with cooking spray.
- Whisk together flour, cake mix, baking soda, and salt, set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar on med-high until pale and fluffy (approx. 2-3mins). Reduce speed and add egg and vanilla. Beat until combined.
- Add flour mixture and mix until just combined. Gently fold in sprinkles.
- Using a large cookie scoop (3 Tbsp), scoop dough into cupcake tin.
- Bake for 10-12 mins or until lightly browned and mostly set.
- Remove from oven and immediately use a small jar or container to press firmly down in the center to create a well. Cool in pans for 10 mins, then place on wire rack to cool completely.
Funfetti Cheesecake Filling:
- Whip heavy cream until stiff peaks (ideally with a cold whisk and in a cold bowl).
- In a separate bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Fold cream cheese mixture into whipped cream. Fold in sprinkles just until combined. Pipe into cooled cookie cups. Refrigerate until set (approx. 2 hours).
- Serve cold and eat within 2-3 days. Or freeze for up to 4 weeks.
Funfetti Quick Bread from Fresh April Flours
Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie from Love and Olive Oil
Funfetti Frosting from Taste and Tell
Funfetti Cheesecake from Life, Love and Sugar
Funfetti Cake Batter Dip from Show Me the Yummy
Gulten-Free Confetti Thumbprint Cookies from Grain Changer
Funfetti Coconut Macaroons from Handle the Heat
Homemade Pop Tarts from Grandbaby Cakes
Pink Lemonade Cake from Carlsbad Cravings
Funfetti Bundt Cake from Love From the Oven
Loaded Unicorn Bark from Averie Cooks
Oreo Funfetti Cupcakes from Your Cup of Cake
Rice Krispies Treats from Chelsea’s Messy Apron
Funfetti Lush Dessert from Brown Eyed Baker
Chocolate Funfetti Cheesecake Bundt from Beyond Frosting