The BEST Pumpkin Bread you will ever have. Easy, one bowl, delicious.
Clearly I’m all aboard the pumpkin train. I may be driving the train, actually. It’s halfway through September, and I already have two pumpkin recipes posted and another one on my radar in the near future. It’s Fall, my favourite time of year, and I love seasonal desserts!
This Pumpkin Bread here, this may be my favourite bread ever. That’s a pretty bold statement considering the deliciousness of my Triple Chocolate Banana Bread, which is one of my most popular recipes. But this bread’s delicious pumpkin flavour and perfect texture might just put it in the lead.
I’d love to take credit for this recipe, but it’s actually one of Martha’s. I’ve adapted it slightly. I’ve honestly never made a bad recipe of hers. The woman can do no wrong as far as I’m concerned (except maybe when it comes to the stock market). I first made this Pumpkin Bread years ago, and at first I was a bit iffy on the ginger in it, thinking it would overpower the pumpkin, but it is SUCH a perfect compliment! You can skip it, of course, and it would be just as delicious, but I think you would be doing yourself a disservice.
A few key things about this Pumpkin Bread recipe:
- First, it makes TWO loaves. If you only want one (though I can’t imagine why), you can halve the recipe.
- Second, the pan size is a little strange, but for some reason I happen to have the exact size. You need TWO 8 1/2″ x 4 1/2″ loaf pans. You can just as easily use, 8″ x 4″ or 9″ x 5″ loaf pans, but you will need to adjust the baking time accordingly, and your loaves will be larger/smaller.
Third, I doubled the recipe for the glaze, so if you’re not a glaze fiend like I am, halve the recipe for that.
If you’re looking for an easy and delicious recipe for the Fall season, this is it! Just try it – you won’t be disappointed.
One Bowl Pumpkin Bread
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ginger ground, optional, but adds amazing flavour! or use pumpkin pie spice instead
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter 170g, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light-brown sugar packed
- 14 oz pumpkin puree 398ml, not pumpkin pie filling
- 3 large eggs room temperature
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 4 Tbsp water or milk
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, ginger, baking powder, and salt.**
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugars, melted butter, pumpkin, and eggs.
- Add dry to wet and mix until just combined.
- Divide batter evenly between prepared pans and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out mostly clean (approx. 45mins).
- Cool in pans on wire rack for 10mins, then turn out onto wire racks to cool completely.
- For the glaze, in a large measuring cup or bowl, whisk together the sugar and water until completely combined (I actually use a fork to do this).
- Pour over cooled loaves.
** For one bowl method, skip this and add the dry directly into the wet. This recipe makes TWO 8 1/2" x 4 1/2" loaves. If you only want one, halve the recipe.
Adapted slightly from Martha Stewart.