A moist and delicious Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread. Quick, easy, and it can be made in one bowl!
Bananas are once again taking over our freezer. It actually got so bad that we had to throw some out, and even after doing that AND making this banana bread there’s still at least 6 more in there. We clearly need to get our banana buying in check. Banana bread is my go-to recipe to use these guys up, and I have a basic recipe that I modify with different combinations. This time, I wanted to try out a peanut butter version, because peanut butter is delicious. And just like that, this Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread was born.
I added some cocoa powder to it as well, to add a bit of a chocolatey flavor, but this is totally optional. If you want to keep it to more of a peanut butter flavor, skip the cocoa powder altogether. I was hoping the chocolate would marble nicely when I swirled it in, but the batter is on the thicker side, so that was a bit of a fail.
The peanut butter glaze is also optional, but it’s mega-delicious. It adds a bit more sweetness and turns this into more of a dessert rather than, say, a breakfast bread (though I totally ate this for breakfast, glaze and all).
This Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread is incredibly easy to make. You could really do it all in one bowl, but I tend to do it in two, as I like to combine my dry ingredients together before adding them to the wet. I have no scientific proof that this makes any difference, it’s just an anal thing I have going. Take the easier route and do it all in one bowl!
If you’ve got bananas taking over your freezer like we do, or are looking for an easy and delicious recipe, this one is for you!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup overripe bananas mashed, 3 medium
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter not natural
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp Dutch-processed cocoa powder sifted, optional
Peanut Butter Glaze (optional):
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 5 Tbsp heavy whipping cream
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread:
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and flour a 9″ x 5″ loaf pan (I use homemade cake release).
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.*
- In a medium bowl, whisk together peanut butter, mashed bananas, oil, sugar, egg, and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix until combined.
- Pour half of batter into prepared pan, add cocoa powder to remaining batter and mix well. Dollop onto peanut butter batter and marble with a skewer.
- Bake for approx. 50 mins or until a cake tester comes out mostly clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 10mins, turn out and cool completely on wire rack.
Peanut Butter Glaze:
- In a small bowl, whip together peanut butter, powdered sugar, and 3Tbsp cream (I did this by hand). Add more cream until it reaches a desired consistency.
- Spread over cooled loaf. Dust with cocoa powder if desired.
Lindsey | Lou Lou Biscuit says
Oh, this looks so good! Definitely cannot be categorized as a fail in any way shape or form! I can relate to the frozen bananas taking over the freezer. Summer was fine, because I made so many smoothies, but now it’s getting out of hand. I just really need a taste of that glaze!
Thanks Lindsey!! 🙂
Jessica @ Sweetest Menu says
LOVING this gorgeous combo – peanut butter, chocolate and banana! Perfection! Pinned!
It IS a yummy combo, isn’t it? xo 🙂
Esther of Local Adventurer says
definitely pinning this! also love the look of the blog and your food styling <3
Thanks so much Esther! 🙂
Amanda | The Cinnamon Scrolls says
I also need to stop buying bananas. I currently have two going rotten on my counter. What is it about bananas? I always intend to eat them when I buy them but I forget about them until it’s too late. 🙁 Thank goodness for your chocolate peanut butter banana bread! Looks like my bananas will be used up after all!
Haha yay! I know what you mean. We have the BEST intentions of being all healthy and eating them, but inevitably the fate of some ends in the freezer.
Yummy! I love banana bread. Adding PB makes it only so much better. I really like that two-toned look 🙂
Thanks!! I loved the PB in it. I’d probably do it without the chocolate next time 🙂
Liz @ I Heart Vegetables says
This looks so yummy! Chocolate + peanut butter are my two favorite things 😉
Thanks Liz! It’s such a great combo 😀