Easy one bowl Maple walnut bars. Maple syrup and walnuts kick these blondies up a few notches.
I’m happy to report that there were no baking “incidents” with these maple walnut bars… likely because they’re super easy and you can do everything in one bowl! Hard to mess up, really… as such, this post consists mostly of photos for you to drool over, as I don’t have any interesting disaster stories for you this time!
The ingredients are simple and you’ll probably have everything in your pantry already.
I used real maple syrup for these but if all you have is pancake syrup that will work just fine too – they would be sweeter though, so you might want to decrease the sugar amount. Personally I found these could have used a bit more sweetness so next time I would increase the sugar.
Perfect with a cup of tea on a rainy afternoon.
I doused these guys with more maple syrup once they were cooled. I liked that it added more moisture and flavour and really kicked them up a notch!
These maple walnut bars are perfect for when you’re craving something sweet but don’t have a lot of time on your hands. Quick, easy, and delicious.
Maple Walnut Bars
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease an 8×8″ pan and line with parchment.
- Pulse oats in a food processor until coarse.
- In a large bowl, whisk melted butter and sugar until smooth and slightly lightened in color.
- Add maple surup, egg and vanilla and whisk till combined.
- Fold in the oats, flour, and salt with a spatula until combined.
- Fold in 3/4 cup walnuts.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared pan. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup walnuts.
- Bake for 30mins, until the edges are golden and the center is set. Do not overbake or they will be dry.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut and serve.
- Drizzle maple syrup over the top as desired — straight out of the oven or once cut and served.